"On Location" by Jen Calonita
Blog post by: Natasha S
"On Location" by Jen Calonita is a sequel to the previous and first book, "Secrets of my Hollywood Life." They both follow the life of Kaitlin Burke, the movie star and famous celebrity. She gets roles in a new movie, and she has two co-stars, her ex-boyfriend and Sky Mackenzie, her rival who announced to the press that she had tried to have a normal teenage life. Her boyfriend, Austin Meyers, gets jealous and suspicious when Kaitlin's ex-boyfriend gets close to her when they are with the press and Kaitlin is mad at her ex-boyfriend because he cheated on her and only used her to get ahead in the celebrity "chain" and to get himself more popular. Even on top of that, Sky's new manager is looking suspicious and suddenly the press is getting secrets about Kaitlin's life that she doesn't want the press to know (personal, private secrets). Who's doing it? Read "On Location" by Jen Calonita to find out what happens next on Kaitlin's complicated journey!
I would rate this book a 5/5 because it made you want to see what happens next in Kaitlin's life. It makes you know that even in a celebrity life, there are still ups and downs and you have to fight through it and keep strong throughout it all. It also shows how everyones life isn't perfect no matter what "status" you're in. It also portrays the different feelings of not only just Kaitlin, but also the ther characters, because Jen Calonita added their face expressions, physical expressions, and dialogue to show the other characters' feelings, which I think is important to have because then you don't only get the perspective of one person, you get the perspectives of multiple people, which makes the book have more depth and makes it more interesting.
I think the theme of the book is no one's perfect. It was centered around the theme of "no one's perfect" because when Kaitlin said "Sky?!" when she learned that Sky was her co-star, she was upset and surprised, but she fought through it and in the end, she succeeded.
Natasha, I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I have never heard of that series before, but it sounds similar to another book series that I used to read. You’re description of the book and reasons why you liked it made it sound very interesting, even though I almost never read that genre :) Maybe I will end up checking it out. Great job!
ReplyDelete